Tuesday, February 8, 2011

And I didn't care.

I don't know where my mind was yesterday? I was totally off kilter.

I only walked four minutes and I didn't care.
I drank a diet dr. pepper with my olive cheese bread for lunch and I didn't care.
I had a handful of dutch crunch chips before I ate three pieces of cinnamon toast for breakfast and I didn't care.
I ate processed mashed potatoes with processed gravy for dinner and I didn't care.

I thought about what I was doing and I didn't feel the slightest nudge in my conscience.

I couldn't sleep because I drank a chai at 5:30pm.

And I woke up at 5:30 this morning after going to bed at midnight, still buzzed with my mind spinning.

I write in my head while I lie in bed. It's annoying.
This morning I decided to just get up and write.


As I look back on the day, I wonder why I didn't care. I was not hungry, angry lonely or tired.

I was excited about the Packer win. I was not depressed. But I was off my routine and that is just about the only thing I can think of that would send me into such a odd mood.

The Starbucks is out of Chai. (weird huh?)
This changed my routine;
my routine of walking and eating.


I better pay attention to this and have a plan.

You can not eat healthfully and live healthfully without intent, without being conscious.

Today is a new day. Time to wake up.