Saturday, March 12, 2011

Walking and cooking.

I have continued to walk every day. Some days a little bit.
Once around the Target. And some days more...up to 60 minutes.

I have walked over 800 minutes and my goal is 1049 by the end of the month. I am on target...ha...walking around Target.
The weather is still very cold here in Wisconsin and I don't like to walk outside in the cold cloudy weather.
I never imagined I would walk around Target. But I am and it adds up.

Then I get my Chai.

I continue to drink one Chai a day. It is the culinary highlight of most days.

I continue to cook and cook and cook.

Today I made Sherried Tomato Soup.
Takes a lot longer than opening a can, but it really is delicious and it is fun to know exactly what goes into it.

My favorite thing I have made is that old fashioned Hot Chicken Salad Casserole and Chicken and Dumplings.

Neither of the dishes is low cal and I am sure that is why I am not losing weight.

Too much fat. Too many calories.

All natural and home made. But not low fat.
When I make something I like, I tend to eat large portions.

I am the only one who will eat the Sherried Tomato Soup and I am sure I will be sick of eating it before it is gone.
I do not like to waste. so I suppose I need to learn to make smaller batches.
That is a novel idea.

Walking and cooking and waiting for spring and the farmer's market.
Good things.