Thursday, November 18, 2010

Nov. 18, 2010

"A final trick of variety: Since the pleasure of most foods is in the first few bites,
eat one thing on your plate at a time, at least at the start of the meal when you can concentrate
and enjoy the full flavors. The mouthful as melange (blend of foods) defeats the purpose of variety."

~Mireille Guiliano
(French Women Don't Get Fat)


This is really true...and good advice.

I have eaten unconsciously.
I have ignored my hunger.
And I have neglected my taste buds.

I think I am ready to slow down and think about each taste.
That should not be so hard.

I have noticed food losing it's flavor. Especially ice cream.

Starting today, I am going to experiment and try to stop eating as soon as the taste vanishes.

I can't wait to see what happens.


****

My weight stayed the same this week.

I am not depressed, just determined to see the number go down next Tuesday.