Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Nov. 2, 2010

"Food choices are not all that complicated-you do just need to eat less,
move more, eat lots of fruits and vegetables,
and go easy on the junk food."

-Marion Nestle

Better Nutritional Value:

Vegetables and fruits
Nuts, seeds beans
Whole grains with fiber
Lean meats, poultry, fish, eggs (in moderation)
Low-fat dairy
Unprocessed or minimally processed foods

Poorer Nutritional Value

Foods with added sugars
Foods with added saturated and trans fats
Refined grains
High-fat meats and cold cuts
Whole milk and whole milk foods
Highly processed foods.


This from the book "What to Eat" by Marion Nestle


****

I admire the simplicity.

I am not a fan of complicated. I have a book called the Schwarzbein Principle. Her advice is very sound...but she had me counting grams and it was just too hard. I really couldn't figure it out.

I like straight forward.

*****

Lost two pounds this week.
Total of -8

I'm delighted to lose weight after a long weekend of traveling.