Sunday, November 7, 2010

Nov. 7, 2010

Sometimes you just have to go out to eat where you don't really want to go out to eat.

Last night I told my husband to choose where he wanted to go out to eat.
He chose a place called Five Guys. He has been wanting to go to this hamburger joint for a year and we always forget to
about it. Well, yesterday, he remembered.

I didn't complain. I would be fine.
If I waited for hunger and ate only until I felt full, I would be okay.

So I ordered a hamburger and Cajun fries and a glass of water.

A glass of water was the best part of the meal.

The hamburger came and it was a double. It was so large I really could barely bite into it.

The flavor was average. I took off one of the patties and ate the burger. With one sniff of the fries, I was suspect.
They smelled very strong and not very good.

I ate one fry and did not like it. I tried a second and closed up the bag.

While I hate to waste food, there is no way I am putting icky tasting fried food in my mouth.
It was a very easy decision.

My husband, being the thin eater that he is, didn't care for the double burger either, and he did not like his regular fries.
He did not eat his fries. He doesn't have food issues. This was not a big deal to him. He turns down food
with ease. It is no wonder that he has never struggled with his weight at all. He does not eat healthy, but he certainly listens to hunger and fullness.


We won't go back to Five Guys to eat, ever again.

I went to a pub (Jac's) last Wednesday that had grass fed beef in their hamburgers.
It was delicious!
I hope I can convince Patrick to go with me and try one.

Tuesdays are two for the price of one.

Doesn't that sound like a good plan?