Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 37




Exercise. Walk. Move. Ugh.

I use to teach aerobics. I use to go to dance class twice a week.
I use to walk with my friend Karen. I loved all of those physical activities dearly.


When I started homeschooling the aerobics and dancing ended. They were daytime activities and I was with our children all day.
I started walking with my friend Karen and how we loved walking together. We would wake up early and walk before school five days a week. We never missed. We talked as much as we walked and we could have walked for hours.
Then we moved away from Karen.

I find walking unbearable without her. It is just mind-numbingly boring.

I am like the horse, Homesick, who slowly leaves the barn on the trail but as soon as he turns for home, he starts to move faster and faster. Homesick can not wait to get home.

That's me.

As soon as I walk out the door and hit the corner, I want to turn around and come home. It is excruciating to walk a whole mile.
Mentally. Not physically.


So. The picture at the top of this page. That is my walk.

I park at the back of Target parking lot and walk to get my Chai every morning.
It is a puny walk, but it is a step in the right direction.

If I have a destination I find it much more do-able.

Tomorrow I will find a parking spot even further away.

This just might work after all.