Friday, September 24, 2010

Day 18

Top ten


I don't eat between meals
I don't eat candy bars
I don't drink diet Dr. Pepper
I don't drink raspberry lemonade
I don't eat at fast food restaurants
I don't eat chips in the afternoon
I don't eat white flour bagels
I don't eat cookies
I don't eat bacon
I don't have cravings


I don't feel deprived most of the time and this is wondrous.

It's all about mindset.

The sweets are not a huge problem once I have gotten the sugar out of my system.

It's weird, the more you eat sugar, the more you want to eat sugar.

I bought some natural cinnamon bread from Whole Foods. It has sugar in it.
(All good, whole ingredients) But the sugars must be high because I have noticed that once I had a piece or two of that bread,
I start craving more sugar throughout the day.

I'm wondering if it is worth it. I don't like that feeling of being drawn to sugary and salty foods.

The salty foods for sure went with drinking Diet Dr. Pepper.
How I loved eating chips and pop corn with that fizzy drink.

But once I take away one, the other is gone by association.

That's good.

My caffeine drink now, Iced Grande Chai Nonfat, does not go with any food.
I want to keep it that way.

As far as the bagels go, I have allowed myself to eat whole wheat bagels from Bagels Forever.
I use organic butter and organic cream cheese.
In this case, I have made changes that allow me to keep my favorite breakfast pretty much the way I like it.

Now that bacon. I have not cooked it. So I have not eaten it.

There are a few recipes that call for it and I will cross that bridge next week.
I like bacon in my broccoli/cauliflower salad and in my potato soup.

While there is nothing healthy or redeeming about bacon, I may make the decision to have just a tiny taste.
Pretty sure of it right now.

Who knew I would feel so attached to bacon and willing to include it in the few things I would make allowances for....

Salty chemical laden fat.

Why do I cling to thee?

Flavor possibly?