Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Day 23

Today I was shocked by a label I read.

Here in Wisconsin, we have a bakery called Natural Oven's Bakery.
Whenever I would try to eat healthier, I sought out their bread products.

I would think to myself. 'If I am going to have one piece of bread a day, it's going to be THIS really
healthy, wonderful, good for me, bread."

This afternoon at the grocery store, I checked the label on a package of whole wheat hamburger buns.
(I was trying to make a good choice.)
The second ingredient in the healthy, expensive, Wis made buns was high fructose corn syrup.
I gasped. I grabbed a loaf of their bread and checked that too....and it had HFCS in it.
How dare they try to trick us!

I see I can not trust the words' healthy' anymore. Learning to bake my own bread is on the horizon.

I hope I can do it!