Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 6

DSC_6323-3


Trying something new and making it yourself can actually be very enjoyable!

I was watching a new show on the Food Channel called 5 ingredient Fix last week and saw a recipe I thought would fit my new way of eating.

It was called Fresh Cucumber Salad.

• 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
• 1 cup (1/4 whole) honeydew, finely diced
• Kosher salt
• 2 cups Greek yogurt
• 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely minced

I used ½ of a large English cucumber, two cups of honeydew,
yogurt to cover and a teeny bit of jalapeno. I am a whimp when it comes to spicy.

But I am so excited to share how much I loved this odd salad.
I haven’t purchased a honeydew melon in so long I can’t even remember if I have ever purchased one! And a jalapeno…first time ever!

I liked this so well that when I finished my lunch today I made a second batch with the left over ingredients. Very exciting.
It tasted cool and sweet with just the right amount of spice. (practically none)
Next I think I will try Claire Robinson’s Toasted Israeli Couscous ; it has apricots.
Woo!